Mr. T and Hitachi Data Systems
The former A-Team star was an unlikely technology pitchman in 2007, extolling the virtues of HDS's storage technology in his own inimitable style.
"I'm the T in I.T" declares Mr.T in a viral video, which has been viewed more than 700,000 times on YouTube. "V is for virtualization, sucker! I pity the fool who doesn't use Hitachi Data Systems virtualization!"
The wisecracking TV hardman also hawks Hitachi's mid-range products in another video, declaring "they so compact, they weigh less than the chains around my neck!"HDS told the Direct Marketing News Web site that the ad campaign boosted its sales, and also brought the data storage specialist to a broader audience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV