Juniper Networks (JNPR), a designer and manufacturer of network hardware and software and a key player in the carrier router industry, gets a 12-month price target of $44 from Goldman Sachs based on a price-to-earnings multiple of 26 to its 2011 earnings estimate of $1.70 per share.
"We expect accelerating growth in 2011 to drive upside to (Wall) Street estimates and the stock's multiple," the investment bank said in a Jan. 25 research note.
On Wednesday, Juniper posted revenue of $1.19 billion, up 26% on the prior year's quarter, and topping analysts' estimate of $1.12 billion. It earned 42 cents per share, a 31% hike over the same period last year and besting analysts' estimate of 37 cents per share.Juniper competes head-to-head with Cisco in both the carrier router and enterprise switch businesses. The demand in that niche is expected to be strong as wireless carriers upgrade their networks to the next generation of technology over the next few years and because the industry is at the beginning of a replacement cycle following a depressed 2009. Shares are up 0.4% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV