ProLogis, a REIT that owns, operates and develops mainly industrial properties in North America, Europe and Asia, said it and AMB, a San Francisco-based industrial REIT, are conducting ongoing discussions about a potential combination of the two companies. AMB confirmed the talks in a separate press release.
The merger would likely be structured as "an all-stock, at-market transaction, based upon the unaffected trading prices of the two companies' stock prior to media reports of a possible merger," ProLogis said in its statement.
ProLogis said the talks may not necessarily result in a definitive agreement, and would not commit to a timeframe in which such an agreement would take place."ProLogis and AMB have issued press releases in response to media reports and intend to make no further comment regarding their discussions or negotiations unless and until a definitive agreement is reached or discussions are terminated," said both companies in their respective statements. ProLogis shares closed 8% higher at $15.87. Nearly 33 million shares changed hands, more than six times the issue's trailing three-month daily average volume of 5.7 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV