ProLogis, a REIT that owns, operates and develops mainly industrial properties in North America, Europe and Asia, said it and AMB, a San Francisco-based industrial REIT, are conducting ongoing discussions about a potential combination of the two companies. AMB confirmed the talks in a separate press release.
The merger would likely be structured as "an all-stock, at-market transaction, based upon the unaffected trading prices of the two companies' stock prior to media reports of a possible merger," ProLogis said in its statement.
ProLogis said the talks may not necessarily result in a definitive agreement, and would not commit to a timeframe in which such an agreement would take place."ProLogis and AMB have issued press releases in response to media reports and intend to make no further comment regarding their discussions or negotiations unless and until a definitive agreement is reached or discussions are terminated," said both companies in their respective statements. ProLogis shares closed 8% higher at $15.87. Nearly 33 million shares changed hands, more than six times the issue's trailing three-month daily average volume of 5.7 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV