Formerly known as Companhia Vale do Rio Doce, Brazil-based Vale operates as a diversified metals and mining company worldwide. The company produces iron ore and iron ore pellets, nickel, manganese ore, ferroalloys, kaolin and pig iron. It also engages in producing bauxite, alumina, aluminum, copper, metallurgical and thermal coal. And that's not all. The company also digs for metallurgical coke and methanol, cobalt, potash and other non-ferrous minerals, as well as precious metals, including gold and silver.
Vale helps transport and use the commodities as well. It operates a logistics system in Brazil, including railroads, maritime terminals and a port. Further, it engages in power generation and steel manufacturing.
"The company fits the long-term secular trends that exist in the emerging markets, namely the need for wide-scale construction projects and burgeoning industrial demand. Valuation is extremely attractive at 8 times 2011 earnings estimates with an expected 30% growth in revenues," says Atwood.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV