Formerly known as Companhia Vale do Rio Doce, Brazil-based Vale operates as a diversified metals and mining company worldwide. The company produces iron ore and iron ore pellets, nickel, manganese ore, ferroalloys, kaolin and pig iron. It also engages in producing bauxite, alumina, aluminum, copper, metallurgical and thermal coal. And that's not all. The company also digs for metallurgical coke and methanol, cobalt, potash and other non-ferrous minerals, as well as precious metals, including gold and silver.
Vale helps transport and use the commodities as well. It operates a logistics system in Brazil, including railroads, maritime terminals and a port. Further, it engages in power generation and steel manufacturing.
"The company fits the long-term secular trends that exist in the emerging markets, namely the need for wide-scale construction projects and burgeoning industrial demand. Valuation is extremely attractive at 8 times 2011 earnings estimates with an expected 30% growth in revenues," says Atwood.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV