NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "The averages are masking some big changes in the market," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday, as he said some of the market's former high fliers and once again ready to roll.
Cramer said much of the market's recent rally was made on the backs of the industrial stocks and fertilizer plays like Caterpillar (CAT), a stock which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, and Potash (POT). It was also made by the technology stocks, thanks to strength in smartphones and cloud computing.In recent days however, as many of these high fliers were taking a breather, Cramer said a minor chord in the market, one that was bullish on the safer consumer products names, took over. That of, of course, until today. Cramer said worries over rising costs at Colgate-Palmolive (CL) and Procter & Gamble (PG) have silenced that bull market, sending money flooding back into tech and the industrials. Cramer said he still likes Caterpillar, which he feels could add another $25 a share, along with Eaton (ETN) and Potash. In the tech space, Cramer said Netflix (NFLX) remains on fire, as does chipmaker Qualcomm (QCOM) and Cirrus Logic (CRUS). Also on Cramer's hot list, F5 Networks (FFIV), which saw its shares pummeled in recent days, and Salesforce.com (CRM).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV