Almost 100,000 employees at
(IBM) India will each receive a $1,000 stock bonus before Jun. 16 as the company celebrates its one hundredth year in business,
The Times of India reported on Jan. 31.
The Times of India notes the move may pressure other multinational and India tech firms to offer more incentives to their employees, as the world comes out of a recession.
"Hundreds of thousands of IBMers, virtually all across the globe except those at the executive level will receive these stock bonuses," an IBM India spokesman told The Times of India.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV