Top employees at
(GS) received a massive pay raise despite widespread criticism over the bank's practices and a drop in overall profits, the
The Guardian reported on Jan. 30.
The UK paper said despite a 38% drop in profits at Goldman Sachs, head of British and European operations Michael Sherwood is receiving a stock award worth $14.4 million, up 60% from last year.
The Guardian said Goldman Sachs did not say if Sherwood received a cash bonus.The report said Goldman CEO Lloyd Blankfein could be getting a pay raise that's even more shocking. The Guardian reported that Blankfein's base pay in 2011 is expected to increase by 233% to $2 million, from $600,000. Last year, the Blankfein received a stock award of almost $13 million, an increase from $9 million the year before, according to the report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV