Carnival's (CCL) chairman and CEO Micky Arison was awarded compensation worth about $7 million in fiscal 2010, 3% lower from the year before, the Associated Press said on Feb. 2.
Also, the leading cruise operator left Arison's base salary at $880,000, AP reported.
His performance-based cash bonus rose to about $2.5 million, an improvement from $2.2 million a year ago, the report said.In addition, the CEO was given restricted stock awards worth $3.5 million the day they were granted. During the same time last year, he received $3.6 million of such awards. The report said the Arison was given $127,137 in all other compensations, consisting of $76,503 for the personal use of company aircraft, $22,581 in health insurance costs and premiums, $11,861 for an automobile lease or allowance, $6,286 for a chauffeur and security and $9,906 for other uses. The sum was actually much less than the $496,513 he was given a year ago for all other services, according to AP. The Associated Press noted that cruise operators like Carnival are beginning to see increased business momentum as vacationers become more confident about spending their money on such luxuries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV