NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- Shares of
(RAD) were surging on heightened volumes after it reported a
Eastman Kodak (EK) saw its shares rebound from Wednesday's dive following its negative earnings report. After dropping 18% on Wednesday, the stock was rising 4% to $3.87.
IVAX Diagnostics (IVD) was the winner among small-caps, however, with the stock zooming 55% to $1.29. The company said it had received regulatory approval for its premarket submission for Mago 4S, used for autoimmune and infectious disease testing.
Hanmi Financial (HAFC) reported its first quarterly profit in two years. The California-based bank reported fourth-quarter profit of $5.3 million, or 4 cents a share, from a loss of $35.9 million, or 70 cents a share. The stock soared 27% to $1.49.Chip-maker Cirrus Logic (CRUS) saw its shares jump 10% to $19.69 after it beat Wall Street estimates, reporting a third quarter net income of $24.6 million or 34 cents per share against $11 million or 17 cents a year earlier. Analysts were expecting 33 cents. Other semiconductor plays were also rising on strong quarterly reports. Integrated Silicon Solutions (ISSI) beat estimates and forecast a second-quarter earnings that was above analyst estimates. Shares were rising 8.2% to $10.78. Other small-cap stocks buzzing on Thursday include Banner (BANR), Glu Mobile (GLUU), Rare Element Resources (REE) and Corinithian Colleges (COCO). -- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV