5 Gold Mining Stocks Under $5
Richmont Mines, a Canada-based company, is involved in the acquisition, exploration, operation, financing and development of mineral properties with major interests in Beaufor Mine in Quebec, Island Gold Mine in Ontario and Louvem Mines. Besides, it holds interests in many mining properties at different stages of exploration. Four analysts covering the stock recommend a buy rating, with the average consensus estimates indicating a potential upside of 88.7% in the upcoming few months. The stock was trading at $4.40 Friday morning.
The company recently declared that its 2010 gold sales increased 14% year-over-year to 68,123 ounces, up 5% from the forecasted 65,000 ounces. On a segmented basis, Beaufor Mine sales escalated 18%, while the Island Gold mine was up 7%. Meanwhile, fourth-quarter gold sales increased 43%, compared to the same period a year ago. Additionally, the company has a strong balance sheet, with $38 million in cash, no debt and no gold hedged forward.
Looking ahead, the company foresees annual gold production in 2011 to come in between 80,000 and 85,000 ounces. Of this, Francoeur mine will contribute 15,000 ounces, with 5,000 ounces produced before the mine begins commercial production in mid-2011. In 2012, when the mine begins full-fledged production, Richmont's annual gold production is seen crossing 100,000 ounces.>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Gold Mining Stocks Under $5 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV