5 Gold Mining Stocks Under $5
Northgate Minerals, is a Canada-based gold and copper producer with operations, development projects and exploration properties in Canada and Australia. The company's mining assets include Kemess, Fosterville, Stawell and Young-Davidson. Of all the analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy, while the remaining suggest a hold. Analysts' consensus estimates indicate a 75.3% potential upside during the upcoming few months. The stock was trading at $2.59 Friday morning.
For the fourth quarter, the company reported a production of 66,077 ounces of gold, or 272,712 ounces for full-year 2010. Meanwhile, fourth-quarter sales came in at 70,145 ounces of gold and 12.4 million pounds of copper. Looking ahead to 2011, the company's aggressive $14.5 million exploration program will focus on some exciting discoveries in 2010. Furthermore, during 2012 and 2013, Northgate sees production increasing with significantly lower cash costs.
During 2011, Northgate is seeking to ramp up production at its Stawell Gold Mine by spending almost $13 million on new equipment and $26 million on mine-life extension. For 2011, 2012 and 2013, it sees production at 90,000 ounces, 110,000 ounces and 117,000 ounces, respectively, as compared to 71,482 ounces in 2010. Besides, the company is also looking forward to adding 12,000 ounces of gold and 5.3 million pounds of copper before the closure of its Kemess South mine in March 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV