Great Basin Gold is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and trial mining of precious metal deposits within two material projects -- Hollister gold project and the Burnstone gold project, which is at the trial mining stage. All the analysts covering the stock recommend a buy, with consensus estimates indicating a 59.8% potential upside over the coming few months. The stock was trading at $2.69 Friday morning.
For the fourth quarter, the company's Hollister gold project reported a production increase of 31,000 gold equivalent ounces, compared to 11,000 ounces in the third quarter. Cash costs fell 20% to $680 per ounce from the earlier quarter. On an average, daily production at Hollister has increased to 325 tons from the initial 275 tons.
As per a research report, MLV estimates Great Basin to report fourth-quarter net income of C$1.9 million, as opposed to a loss of C$0.7 million in the year-ago quarter. Average metallurgical recovery at the Burnstone gold project stands at 86% and is likely to reach 95% as the plant ramps up and higher-grade material is processed. The company expects to reach commercial production by the end of January 2011. During the first quarter of 2011, GBG will recognize the revenue for the 3,500 gold equivalent ounces delivered to the refinery during 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV