NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Gold miners Great Basin Gold (GBG), Rubicon Minerals (RBY), Northgate Minerals (NXG), Brigus Gold (BRD) and Richmont Mines (RIC) are all trading under $5. Analysts estimate these stocks have a minimum upside of 46%, so this is an attractive buying opportunity for investors.
In its latest research report, Casimir Capital says it's time to buy gold and forecasts a strong year for gold and junior gold stocks during 2011. Gold prices increased nearly 29.7% to $1,421 per ounce during 2010, rising for the ninth consecutive year. Looking ahead to 2011, GFMS expects gold prices to breach the $1,500 mark and cross the $1,600 mark by late 2011. Therefore, rising gold prices will power gold stocks higher and attract investors' attention to the metal and stocks.
In comparison to intermediate and major gold companies, junior gold shares are likely to outperform, as they are set at lower valuations and are likely to grow significantly as valuation rises. Moreover, major gold companies can only seek a fraction of the available properties, as they need larger projects to continue their operations. On the other hand, not only will a new discovery impact junior gold, but also junior gold companies can purchase used mills at discounts.
The stocks are stacked based on upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV