NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Lloyds Banking Group (LYG), Barclays PLC (BCS), Banco Santander (Brasil) (BSBR), Itau Unibanco Holding (ITUB), ICICI Bank (IBN), Banco Bradesco (BBD), Banco Santander (STD), Credit Suisse (CS), Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MTU) and American Express Company (AXP) are banking and financial stocks with potential to provide gains in the range of 11% to 73%, based on analysts' consensus estimates of price targets.
The Federal Reserve left the benchmark fund rates unchanged on Wednesday. The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) believes that the ongoing economic recovery is not satisfactory. The Fed maintained that the plan to purchase $600 billion worth of treasury securities is still on track.
Meanwhile, rising food and crude oil prices have heightened inflation fears; however, the FOMC indicated that longer-term inflation expectations remain stable and could trend lower, going ahead.In the emerging markets, the People's Bank of China has hiked reserve requirement rates during the last two months, and policy makers in Brazil have increased reserve and capital requirements to flush out excess liquidity. To hedge inflation fears, the government of India has increased policy rates by 25 basis points. These 10 financial stocks offer investment opportunities, going ahead. These stocks could deliver 11% to 73% returns during the next year with percentage buy ratings of 50% to 100%, according to analysts' estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV