The San Diego wireless shop posted adjusted earnings of 82 cents a share, up 32% from the year-ago quarter and a dime above analysts estimates calling for pro forma profit of $72 cents.
Sales for the fiscal first quarter ended last month were $3.35 billion, up from the $2.67 billion level a year ago and more than the $3.2 billion analysts were looking for.
"We are very pleased to report record revenues, earnings per share," CEO Paul Jacobs said in a press release. "Chipset shipments this quarter
>To contact this writer, click here: Scott Moritz, or email: email@example.com. To follow Scott on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/MoritzDispatch. >To send a tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV