(Starbucks earnings report updated with revised earnings guidance, as per a corrected earnings press release from the company .)
Starbucks booked 2011 fiscal first quarter profits of $346.6 million, or 45 cents per share, on revenue of $3 billion, up from year-earlier earnings of $241.5 million, or 33 cents per share, on revenue of $2.72 billion.
Starbucks shares were 0.9% higher on Thursday to trade around $33.37. The stock surged 39.3% in 2010. Investors were unimpressed with Starbucks' revised 2011 earning guidance. Starbucks reiterated its plans to open 500 net new stores in fiscal 2011, 400 of which will be outside the U.S. and the majority of which are expected to be licensed stores. The company targeted mid- to high-single digit revenue growth driven by low- to mid-single digit comps growth. It also reaffirmed certain of its 2011 guidance "despite dramatically higher coffee costs," but revised its earnings-per-share outlook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV