The style-specific strategies utilized by these new funds highlight another previously unexplored opportunity for the international ETF universe.
If EMGX and EMVX prove popular, it may only be a matter of time before other industry players such as Vanguard, BlackRock (BLK) and State Street (SST) follow suit with their own style-oriented international products.
Emerging markets have become wildly popular investing destination and Global X's new funds offer investors a unique way to access their strengths. However, it is important to remember that due to the Darwinian nature of the ETF industry, the future of these funds remain uncertain.
Before jumping into either EMGX or EMVX, investor should keep a close watch on their growth. The next few weeks will be crucial in determining their long-term prospects.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV