Speaking in an interview with Bloomberg at the World Economic Forum, Dell explained why his company exited last summer's bidding war with HP over 3Par. ""We showed a good discipline and didn't take an emotional decision," he said. HP paid "way too much" for 3Par, added the CEO, who compared the deal to the $960 million Dell paid for storage firm Compellent (CML) in December.
|Michael Dell believes that HP paid too much for storage specialist 3Par.|
Dell also confirmed that his company has more M&A up its sleeve. "We are looking at more acquisition opportunities in software, data centers, cloud computing, storage and virtualization," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV