NEW YORK (Karvy Global) -- Food scarcity remains a major concern around the global, and food inflation rates are increasing despite improved production levels. Changing weather patterns in several countries could further exacerbate food shortages going forward. Arable land is shrinking in emerging economies due to industrialization, soil degradation, crop failures and booming populations, and this could trigger unprecedented food price hikes.
The demand-supply mismatch will likely support higher agricultural commodity prices going forward. Given the run-up in food prices and the positive momentum in equity markets, food stocks will likely provide investors with attractive returns during 2011.
Analysts expect these 10 stocks to outperform their peers and broader markets, based on the upside implied from their respective price targets for 2011. On average, analysts expect these stocks to have gains ranging from 28% to 136% over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV