Sharps Compliance Corp. Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2011 Financial Results
- Professional market billings up 38% and 25% for the quarter and year-to-date period, respectively, on targeted telemarketing activities and improved sales through distributor network
- Retail and core Government market billings delayed by temporary suspension of TakeAway System™ Envelope Solution
- Balance sheet remains strong with a cash balance of $1 7 . 8 million, working capital of $ 21.9 million and no debt as of December 3 1 , 2010
- Pipeline for the TakeAway System™ Envelope Solution expands with the program re-launch
- Developing opportunities as retail pharmacies demonstrate initiatives to improve customer interaction and health care relationships
- Realigning sales and marketing resources for stronger near-term growth potential
HOUSTON, Jan. 26, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sharps Compliance Corp. (Nasdaq:SMED) ("Sharps" or the "Company"), a leading full-service provider of cost-effective management solutions for medical waste and unused medications generated outside the hospital and large healthcare facility setting, today reported $4.6 million in revenue for the second quarter of fiscal year 2011 ended December 31, 2010. Revenue in the fiscal 2010 second quarter was $16.0 million and included $11.5 million from the product build-out phase from a major contract with a large U.S. Government agency. For the six months ended December 31, 2010, revenue was $9.8 million compared with $31.4 million for first six months of fiscal 2010, of which $22.4 million was associated with the Government contract.
Net loss for the fiscal 2011 second quarter was $807 thousand, or $0.05 per diluted share, compared with net income of $5.6 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, in the prior year period. Net loss was $1.6 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, for the six months ended December 31, 2010 compared with net income of $11.4 million, or $0.78 per diluted share, in the corresponding period of prior fiscal year. Included in the fiscal 2011 year-to-date period was a $570 thousand, or $0.02 per diluted share, special charge related to the retirement of the Company's former CEO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV