Company Profile: Santa Clara, Calif.-based Intel is a semiconductor chip maker which develops advanced integrated digital technology products, mainly integrated circuits, for industries such as computing and communications.The Dow Jones Industrial Average
Earlier last month, Intel topped fourth-quarter earnings expectations and offered healthy guidance for 2011. On Jan. 31, Intel completed a $1.4 billion acquisition of the wireless communications arm of Germany's Infineon Technologies AG (IFX). The deal, announced last August, will expand Intel's capabilities to move beyond the personal computer market, a market that has struggled as smaller devices like laptops, Apple (AAPL) iPads and smartphones gained market share. Acquiring Infineon's wireless communications unit provides Intel with the technology to produce chips with longer battery life to operate those smaller devices, particularly for chips designed around ARM architecture, a much-used low-power system commonly found in cell phones and tablet computers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV