Juniper posted revenue of $1.19 billion, up 26% on the prior year's quarter, and topping Wall Street's estimate of $1.12 billion. Excluding items, the switch maker earned 42 cents a share, a 31% hike on the same period last year, although this was favorably impacted by 3 cents due to the extension of the R&D tax credit. Analysts had forecast earnings of 37 cents a share.
With companies looking to build out their cloud computing infrastructures, Juniper is expected to benefit from increased demand for its products. For the first quarter, the Cisco (CSCO) rival expects first-quarter revenue between $1.06 billion and $1.11 billion, in line with analysts' forecast of $1.09 billion.
Juniper, however, forecast first-quarter earnings between 30 cents a share and 33 cents a share, just below analysts' estimate of 34 cents a share.Investors responded negatively to Juniper's guidance, pushing the company's shares down 32 cents, or 0.92%, to $34.50 in extended trading. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV