More than 19 million shares had changed hands in Tuesday afternoon trading versus the issue's trailing three-month daily average of 7.2 million.
(EAT) was also gaining on heavy volume, rising 10% to $23.13 after its
The biggest gainer on Tuesday was a relatively obscure stock -- Cavico Corp. (CAVO), a Vietnam-based infrastructure company listed on the Nasdaq exchange. The stock was up a whopping 69% at $2.85 on news that the company had been awarded a $7.75 million tunnel construction contract. Volume of 3.7 million more than 125 times the issue's trailing three-month daily average volume of less than 30,000.Tuesday Morning (TUES) was also one of Tuesday's winners, rising 20% to $4.86 after the Dallas-based furniture and homewares retailer forecast earnings of 37 to 41 cents a share for its fiscal 2011 ending in June, ahead of Wall Street's view for a profit of 33 cents a share.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV