Taco Bell's Creed said the fast-food chain cooks only beef that is inspected by the USDA, simmering it in a "proprietary blend of seasonings and spices" to create the signature taste and texture its customers love.
Nelson Mullins' Williams, a past president of
He added that if Taco Bell hadn't forcefully responded to the allegations brought against it, the company ran the risk of allowing the accusations to become part of a harmful conventional wisdom about their product, a scenario that brings to mind the similar -- and false -- urban myth that Kentucky Fried Chicken, also owned by Yum!, changed its name to KFC because it served genetically engineered meat that didn't qualify as chicken.
Not too long ago fast-food chain Wendy's (WEN) faced allegations -- also false -- that a woman had found part of a human finger in her chili."The last thing you want is to become part of that kind of common lexicon," he said. "We can assume that if
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV