When production starts in the third quarter in Orion, Mich., Sonic will be the first sub-compact built in the U.S., and the first small car GM has built in the U.S. since Chevette production ended in 1986.
"GM has made a commitment to build small cars," said Alicia Boler-Davis, plant manager at Orion as well as vehicle line director, with overall authority for Sonic, in an interview. "We understand that it's a growing segment in the market, and we've got a great team effort working with UAW that allows this to happen. It's a team effort, from design to manufacturing."
|Alicia Boler-Davis, Orion plant manager|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV