HELENA, Mon., Jan. 25, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Eagle Bancorp Montana, Inc. (Nasdaq:EBMT), (the "Company," "Eagle"), the holding company of American Federal Savings Bank, today reported net income of $644,000, or $0.17 per diluted share, for the second fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2010, compared to $553,000, or $0.12 per diluted share, for the second quarter a year ago. For the first six months of fiscal 2011, Eagle reported net income of $1.5 million, of $0.39 per diluted share, compared to $1.4 million, or $0.30 per diluted share, for the same period a year ago. All per share data has been adjusted to reflect the April 5, 2010 stock conversion.
- Net income was $644,000 or $0.17 per diluted share.
- Net interest margin was 3.56%.
- Nonperforming assets were $3.9 million, or 1.16% of total assets
- Nonperforming loans totaled $2.4 million, or 1.25% of total loans.
- Net loans increased 10.1% to $188.6 million at 12/31/10, compared to $171.0 million a year earlier.
- Commercial real estate loans increased 55.0% year-over-year to $61.1 million and now comprise 32.1% of the total loan portfolio.
- Non-interest bearing checking accounts increased 5.4% to $18.7 million, compared to $17.7 million a year ago.
- Capital ratios remain strong with a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 17.1%.
- Declared regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.07 per share.