4 China Online Education Stocks With Upside
NEW YORK (Karvy) -- ChinaCast Education (CAST), New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU), Global Education and Technology Group (GEDU) and China Distance Education Holdings (DL) have 20% to 63% upside from current levels based on analysts' consensus estimates of price targets.
In comparison, U.S. education stocks like Apollo Group (APOL), Education Management (EDMC), ITT Educational Services (ESI) and Career Education Group (CECO )are estimated to return between negative 5% and 19% over the next 12 months based on consensus estimates of analysts polled by Bloomberg.
Last week, China's Internet population touched an astronomical 457 million, according to China Internet Network Information Centre. From a population perspective, China's Web users currently account for nearly half of the total U.S. population. Online education in China will benefit from increasing Internet penetration. China's education companies registered an average top-line growth of 45% during the recent quarters, indicating strong demand for Web-based education.
Beijing's moves to increase spending on education as a percentage of gross domestic product to 4% from the current 2% would be positive for companies engaged in providing educational services.These four stocks are trading at forward price-to-earnings ratios of 12 to 28, with 2011 net income growth rates estimated at around 15% to 30%. The stocks are stacked in terms of percentage upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV