Strength at Brinker's Maggiano's chain was attributed to improved customer traffic.
Elsewhere in the restaurant sector,
McDonald's said it booked a 1.6% increase in fourth-quarter profits to $1.24 billion, or $1.16 per share. Revenue came in 4% higher year-over-year at $6.21 billion.
Excluding one-time items related to a license transaction in Latin America, adjusted earnings-per-share were $1.15, a penny below consensus estimates, and adjusted income was $1.22 billion, also below expectations.McDonald's shares were 0.2% higher Tuesday morning after adding 0.5% in Monday's session. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV