Strength at Brinker's Maggiano's chain was attributed to improved customer traffic.
McDonald's said it booked a 1.6% increase in fourth-quarter profits to $1.24 billion, or $1.16 per share. Revenue came in 4% higher year-over-year at $6.21 billion.
Excluding one-time items related to a license transaction in Latin America, adjusted earnings-per-share were $1.15, a penny below consensus estimates, and adjusted income was $1.22 billion, also below expectations.McDonald's shares were 0.2% higher Tuesday morning after adding 0.5% in Monday's session. "[McDonald's] results are not as impressive as a lot of people have been used to," noted RBC Capital Markets analyst Larry Miller. "We knew that weather was hurting them," he added, referring to adverse weather across the U.S. and in parts of Europe that hurt December sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV