Firstbank Corporation Announces Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2010 Results
- Net income available to common shareholders of $431,000 in the fourth quarter of 2010 increased $945,000 compared to a negative $514,000 in the fourth quarter of 2009, as net income increased to $843,000 from a loss of $101,000
- Earnings per share equaled $0.05 for the fourth quarter of 2010, up from a loss of $0.07 per share in the fourth quarter of 2009
- Provision expense of $4.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2010 decreased from $5.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2009, and net charge-offs, although increasing over these periods, were more than covered by provision in both periods
- Ratio of the allowance for loan losses to loans strengthened to 2.08% at December 31, 2010, compared to 1.70% at December 31, 2009
- Gain on sale of mortgages increased again in the fourth quarter to $2,757,000, 34% above the third quarter level and 186% above the year-ago level
- Loan portfolio continued to shrink due to economic conditions and lack of demand
- Equity ratios remained strong and all affiliate banks continue to exceed all regulatory well-capitalized requirements
ALMA, Mich., Jan. 25, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Thomas R. Sullivan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Firstbank Corporation (Nasdaq:FBMI), announced net income of $843,000 for the fourth quarter of 2010, compared to a loss of $101,000 for the Fourth quarter of 2009, with net income available to common shareholders of $431,000 in the fourth quarter of 2010 compared to a negative $514,000 in the fourth quarter of 2009. Earnings per share were $0.05 in the fourth quarter of 2010 compared to negative $0.07 in the fourth quarter of 2009. Returns on average assets and average equity for the fourth quarter of 2010 were 0.21% and 2.1%, respectively, compared to -0.04% and -4.2% respectively in the fourth quarter of 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV