By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
OptionMonster's tracking systems detected a May 30/35 call spread, as a trader bought the 30s for about $2.45 and sold the 35s for $1 for a net cost of $1.45 to open the position. About 3,800 contracts changed hands in each strike.
The stock closed the session up 0.65% to $27.99, so the call spread is still out of the money. It will need to break back through its 50- and 200-day moving averages and toward its levels from last spring for the spread to turn a profit.The trade was similar to one we saw back on April 1, when the May 25/30 call spread was bought for $1.45. Seabridge ripped higher almost immediately after that, and the position more than doubled in value. Monday was a pretty bullish session for the name as well, as more than 9,900 calls traded at all strikes vs. 222 puts. That far outstrips its total daily average of fewer than 1,200 contracts. Najarian owns SA shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV