Nidec Announces Financial Results For Third Quarter And Nine Months Ended December 31, 2010
KYOTO, Japan, Jan. 25, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) today announced consolidated results under U.S. GAAP for the third quarter (October-December 2010) and nine months (April-December 2010) of its fiscal year ending March 31, 2011.
The following are the highlights:
- Nine-month Operating Income Up Over 40% Y/Y to a Record High.
- General Motors* (including formerly Emerson Motors & Controls operations) Nine-month Operating Income Swung to Positive.
- Projected Year-end Dividend and Annual Dividend Revised Upward to 45 Yen (Up 5 Yen), and 85 Yen, Respectively.
* The product group previously classified as "Mid-size Motors" has been renamed "General Motors," reflecting the inclusion of Large-size motor lines of U.S. Emerson's Motors & Controls operations (acquisition transaction completed on Sep. 30, 2010).
|Consolidated Results of Operations (unaudited)||Yen in millions (except for per share amounts)|
|Nine months ended December 31||Increase (Decrease)||Three months ended December 31||Increase (Decrease)|
|Ratio of operating income to net sales||14.1%||12.3%||--||12.3%||15.4%||--|
|Income from continuing operations before income taxes||61,330||47,773||28.4%||20,037||25,299||(20.8%)|
|Ratio of income from continuing operations before income taxes to net sales||11.8%||11.3%||--||11.2%||16.6%||--|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation||40,830||30,103||35.6%||13,816||16,315||(15.3%)|
|Ratio of net income attributable to Nidec Corporation to net sales||7.9%||7.1%||--||7.7%||10.7%||--|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation stockholders per share-basic||293.02||216.12||--||99.08||117.13||--|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation stockholders per share-diluted||285.75||--||--||92.72||--|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV