Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. Announces A 3,000,000 Share Increase To Its Stock Buyback Program
FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 24, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:HALL) today announced an increase in its stock buyback program initially adopted in April, 2008. The Board of Directors has authorized the repurchase of up to an additional 3,000,000 shares of the Company's common stock over the original 1,000,000 shares authorized in 2008. To date, the Company has repurchased an aggregate of 750,000 shares of its common stock under the buyback program.
"This increase in the authorization to repurchase shares under our buyback program provides additional flexibility to the Company as it continues to evaluate its available, alternative uses of capital in terms of those that will create the highest return for stockholders," said Mark Schwarz, Executive Chairman of Hallmark.
Any purchases under the stock repurchase program may be made from time to time in privately negotiated transactions or in the open market, through block trades or otherwise. The timing of purchases will be dependent upon market conditions and other corporate considerations. These purchases may be commenced or suspended at any time or from time to time without prior notice and the stock repurchase program may be modified, extended or terminated by the Board of Directors at any time. Repurchased shares will be held as treasury stock, and will be available for use in connection with the Company's long term incentive plan or for other corporate purposes, as determined by the Board of Directors. As of January 24, 2011, the Company had 20,124,169 shares of common stock outstanding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV