ICICI Bank Performance Review – Quarter Ended December 31, 2010
The Board of Directors of ICICI Bank Limited (NYSE: IBN) at its meeting held at Mumbai today, approved the audited accounts of the Bank for the quarter ended December 31, 2010.
Profit & loss account
- Profit after tax increased 30.5% to Rs. 1,437 crore (US$ 321 million) for Q3-2011 from Rs. 1,101 crore (US$ 246 million) for Q3-2010.
- Net interest income increased 12.3% to Rs. 2,312 crore (US$ 517 million) in Q3-2011 from Rs. 2,058 crore (US$ 460 million) in Q3-2010.
- Fee income increased 14.3% to Rs. 1,625 crore (US$ 363 million) in Q3-2011 from Rs. 1,422 crore (US$ 318 million) in Q3-2010.
- Operating expenses (including direct marketing agency expenses) increased 27.2% to Rs. 1,707 crore (US$ 382 million) in Q3-2011 from Rs. 1,342 crore (US$ 300 million) in Q3-2010, primarily due to costs relating to new branches added over the last year and full impact of cost of erstwhile Bank of Rajasthan (e-BOR) during the quarter.
- Provisions decreased 53.6% to Rs. 465 crore (US$ 104 million) in Q3-2011 from Rs. 1,002 crore (US$ 224 million) in Q3-2010.
- Profit after tax for 9M-2011 was Rs. 3,699 crore (US$ 827 million) compared to Rs. 3,019 crore (US$ 675 million) for 9M-2010.
The Bank has continued with its strategy of pursuing profitable credit growth by leveraging on its improved fund mix, lower credit costs and efficiency improvement and cost rationalisation. In this direction, the Bank continues to leverage its expanded branch network to enhance its deposit franchise and create an integrated distribution network for both asset and liability products. At December 31, 2010, the Bank had 2,512 branches, the largest branch network among private sector banks in the country.Credit growth Advances increased by 15.3% year-on-year to Rs. 206,692 crore (US$ 46.2 billion) at December 31, 2010 from Rs. 179,269 crore (US$ 40.1 billion) at December 31, 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV