Brocade, Dell And VMware Demonstrate How To Build Open, Simplified Large-Scale Private Clouds
Brocade® (Nasdaq:BRCD) today announced a joint demonstration with Dell and VMware at West 2011 Conference and Exposition in San Diego, Calif., the largest event on the West Coast for communications, electronics, intelligence, information systems, military weapon systems, aviation and shipbuilding.
The joint demonstration at AFCEA West will feature a multi-vendor approach to systems design. Brocade, Dell and VMware have used commercial off-the-shelf products to engineer a sophisticated infrastructure model that can support thousands of VDI clients. By leveraging virtualization layers, such as VMware View™, replication from Dell, and Data Center Ethernet fabric switches from Brocade, customers gain the flexibility of an open platform that delivers higher-performance and lower capital expenditures. This promotes open competition and helps ensure the federal government receives the best value for its IT spending.
Highlighted in the VDI demonstration:
- Brocade VDX 6720 Switches that create Ethernet fabrics, utilizing IEEE Data Center Bridging and TRILL
- Use of Dell thin clients to protect sensitive information and reduce the “threat from within”
- Dell Equalogic storage
- Dell Replication Software Suite
- Integration of VMware View VDI client desktop virtualization software
- Virtualized VMware ESX vSphere™ servers on Dell platforms
- Standards-based Layer 2-7 Performance Monitoring Tools by InMon
Please visit booth #1609 to see a full demonstration.Product Details http://www.brocade.com/vdx Photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/33437642@N02/5168209316/ About Brocade Brocade (Nasdaq: BRCD) develops extraordinary networking solutions that enable today’s complex, data-intensive businesses to optimize information connectivity and maximize the business value of their data. For more information, visit www.brocade.com. Brocade, the B-wing symbol, BigIron, DCFM, DCX, Fabric OS, FastIron, IronView, NetIron, SAN Health, ServerIron, TurboIron, and Wingspan are registered trademarks, and Brocade Assurance, Brocade NET Health, Brocade One, Extraordinary Networks, MyBrocade, and VCS are trademarks of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. VMware, VMware View and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company. Other brands, products, or service names mentioned are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. © 2010 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV