Blockbuster Creditors Should Call It Quits, Poll Says
The flailing movie rental retailer, which filed for bankruptcy protection in September of last year, is reportedly asking creditors led by billionaire Carl Icahn for another $200 to $250 million.
But investors have apparently had enough, and are in the mood to dish out some tough love to Blockbuster. Some 54.8% of voters in our weekly poll said creditors shouldn't lend the company any more money, while 45.2% are still hopeful that Blockbuster will be able to rebound with more cash.
Those who believe Blockbuster shouldn't be given any more help say the 28-day window it boasts for receiving new movies is a "gimmick" of "no real value."One commenter said: "I believe Blockbuster's only asset at this juncture is its name 'Blockbuster,' and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV