NEW YORK (TheStreet) - ReneSola (SOL), Trina Solar (TSL), JA Solar Holdings (JASO) and China Petroleum & Chemical (SNP) have upsides in the range of 18% to 82% based on analysts' consensus estimates of 12-month target prices.
The four Chinese energy stocks likely will benefit from the growing demand for energy worldwide. Global oil demand is expected to breach the peak pre-recession levels seen in 2007, according to Wood Mackenzie, the independent energy and metals research consultant firm. Emerging economies such as China are leading the recovery in energy demand, post-crisis. Diesel and gasoline demand are continuing to grow at around 8% annually in China, while global demand for crude oil grew 1.5% to 2% in 2010.
Clean Edge, a research and advisory firm dedicated to the clean energy sector, indicates that annual revenue from solar, wind and biofuels would increase from $145 billion in 2009 to around $345 billion in the next decade.These four stocks are trading at attractive forward price-to-earnings ratios in the range of 4 to 8. All four stocks received 65% to 86% buy ratings. The stocks are stacked in terms of percentage upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV