NEW YORK (TheStreet) - ReneSola (SOL), Trina Solar (TSL), JA Solar Holdings (JASO) and China Petroleum & Chemical (SNP) have upsides in the range of 18% to 82% based on analysts' consensus estimates of 12-month target prices.
The four Chinese energy stocks likely will benefit from the growing demand for energy worldwide. Global oil demand is expected to breach the peak pre-recession levels seen in 2007, according to Wood Mackenzie, the independent energy and metals research consultant firm. Emerging economies such as China are leading the recovery in energy demand, post-crisis. Diesel and gasoline demand are continuing to grow at around 8% annually in China, while global demand for crude oil grew 1.5% to 2% in 2010.
Clean Edge, a research and advisory firm dedicated to the clean energy sector, indicates that annual revenue from solar, wind and biofuels would increase from $145 billion in 2009 to around $345 billion in the next decade.These four stocks are trading at attractive forward price-to-earnings ratios in the range of 4 to 8. All four stocks received 65% to 86% buy ratings. The stocks are stacked in terms of percentage upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV