Walk While You Work?
Aetna (NYSE: AET) and Details, a division of Steelcase (NYSE: SCS), today announced a collaboration to help employers support wellness in the workplace. The two companies will offer the Details Walkstation to Aetna’s employer customers at an exclusive discount. The Walkstation, manufactured by Details, brings a degree of mobility to the workplace by integrating a slow-moving treadmill with a workstation. By placing the Walkstation in their work environment, employers can give employees an alternative way to get work done – a way that also gets them moving.
“Aetna has been testing Walkstations with our own employees, and the response has been very positive,” said Karen Weinseiss, head of innovation and program development for Aetna. “The addition of Walkstations to Aetna’s wellness portfolio is another example of how we are helping our customers engage employees in achieving healthy lifestyles.”
The Details Walkstation includes:
- An electronically height-adjustable desk that adapts to different users;
- A commercial-grade treadmill with a quiet motor and maximum speed of 2 MPH; and
- A digital display and touch pad controller that tracks speed, time, distance and calories burned.
Designed to serve as an alternative workstation for occasional use, the Walkstation can help to combat the health risks associated with sedentary work styles. Combined with other healthy habits, it may help to control health care expenditures for both employers and employees.“We are all aware of the growing body of evidence regarding obesity and the effects of a sedentary lifestyle,” said Bud Klipa, general manager for Details. “By giving employees a convenient way to increase their physical activity during the workday, the Walkstation can help to lower blood pressure, burn calories and increase productivity.” Aetna’s agreement with Details provides an exclusive discount for Aetna’s employer customers. In 2011, Aetna plans to offer the same discount to consumers with an Aetna health plan who want to buy a Walkstation for personal use.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV