NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Daily deals company LivingSocial ended its promotion selling Amazon (AMZN) gift cards Thursday, and more than 1.3 million customers signed up for the offer. The deal, which offered a $20 Amazon gift card for $10, generated over $13 million for the Groupon rival.
LivingSocial received a $175 million investment from Amazon late last year, and many tech watchers were waiting to see what the partnership would entail.
Groupon launched a similar gift card deal with Gap (GPS) last year, offering a $50 gift card for $25. The deal reportedly generated $11 million.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV