1. ShangPharma is a China-based pharmaceutical and biotechnology research and development outsourcing company servicing nearly 100 customers worldwide.
Total revenue for the third quarter increased 17%, led by faster growth in fee-for-service-based services (FFS). Full-time-equivalent-based services grew slower at 12%, compared to FFS at 32%. However, gross margins declined slightly to 32.5% from 32.9% during the same quarter last year. Net income rose 32.7% from the third quarter of 2009, primarily due to higher profit from operations and higher other income.
Kevin Chen, chief financial officer and chief operating officer of ShangPharma, expects good quarterly numbers in the fourth quarter.
"We successfully completed several high margin projects at the end of September 2010. The revenues for these projects were recorded in October 2010. As a result, we expect to see acceleration in revenue growth in the fourth quarter, and are well on our way to deliver year-over-year revenue growth of approximately 26% to 33% in the fourth quarter of 2010," he said.The stock is trading at 13.5 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV