3. Teva is an Israel-based global pharmaceutical company engaged in the development and production of generic drugs. The company's principal products include Copaxone for multiple sclerosis and Azilect for Parkinson's disease, respiratory products and women's health products.
Third-quarter net sales were up 20% year over year to $4.3 billion over the comparable period in 2009. Net income rose to $1.2 billion, an increase of 47% from a year earlier. Copaxone, representing about one-fifth of Teva's total sales, grew 4% during the quarter. Copaxone occupies a 30% global market share and continues to be the leading treatment option for multiple sclerosis. Teva completed the acquisition of Ratiopharm in August.
The company generates about two-thirds of its revenue from North America, while Europe contributes about 24%. Meanwhile, bigger markets like the U.S. and Europe witnessed revenue increases of 34% and 33%, respectively. in the September quarter. As of October 2010, Teva had 203 pending product applications for FDA approval, including 45 tentative approvals.
The stock trades at 10.3 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV