Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA)
Cambridge, Mass.-based Momenta is a biotechnology company with a product pipeline of both complex mixture generic and novel drugs. The company's M-Enoxaparin is designed to be a technology-enabled generic version of Lovenox, a low molecular weight heparin used to prevent and treat deep vein thrombosis. Momenta's second major generic product candidate is a generic version of Copaxone, a drug used to reduce the frequency of relapses in patients with Relapse-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis. On the horizon, Momenta's lead novel drug candidate has been engineered to support the treatment of acute coronary syndromes, or ACS.
Shares of the company spiked up to $26 a share last July on news of FDA approval for its generic anti-clotting drug, but retreated back to $15 by the end of the year over valuation worries. Auer says the company's pipeline, earnings growth and partnership with Sandoz will help propel the stock back near last summer's highs.
"Momenta has nearly 200 employees who have figured out a better way to make drugs that attack blood clots. Earnings and revenues rose drastically in 2010 at Momenta, and we are confident this will continue in 2011," says Auer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV