Founded in 1987 as a biotech startup, Cephalon has emerged as one of the world's top 10 biopharmaceutical companies, with an impressive roster of first-in-class products, and total revenue of $2.19 billion in 2009. The company's portfolio includes treatments for central nervous system disorders, pain and cancer. Cephalon boasts eight proprietary products in the U.S., along with more than 100 products internationally.
The company's stock performance over the past 12 months, however, has been nothing to brag about, with its shares falling over 6%. Nevertheless, Auer expects that to change in the coming year.
"Cephalon's stock has been slightly down in the past year, yet the 2010 estimates by a consensus of 26 analysts has risen to $7.80 per share from $6.03 in 2009. Meanwhile, sales are expected to jump 26% to $2.77 billion and with a market cap of about $4.5 billion, this company is very digestible for one of the bigger players," says Auer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV