Record Fiscal First Quarter Revenue Of $566 Million, EPS Of $0.61
NEENAH, Wis., Jan. 19, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plexus Corp. (Nasdaq:PLXS) today announced:
Q1 Fiscal 2011 Results (quarter ended January 1, 2011):
- Revenue: $566 million, relative to guidance of $550 to $580 million
- Diluted EPS: $0.61, including $0.06 per share of stock-based compensation expense, relative to guidance of $0.56 to $0.62
Q2 Fiscal 2011 Guidance:
Dean Foate, President and CEO, commented, "Fiscal first quarter revenues grew 2% sequentially, in line with our expectations and setting a new quarterly revenue record for Plexus. Return on invested capital was 17.3%, well above our weighted average cost of capital of 13.5%. During the fiscal first quarter we won 24 new manufacturing programs in our Manufacturing Solutions group that we anticipate will generate approximately $130 million in annualized revenue when fully ramped into production, an improvement over the prior quarter. Our Engineering Solutions group also enjoyed a solid quarter of new program wins, totaling approximately $17 million. Overall a good result this quarter and continued confirmation of the Plexus brand and the power of our comprehensive Product Realization Value Stream Solutions. Of course, all future revenues are subject to the timing and ultimate realization of customer forecasts and orders." Ginger Jones, Vice President and CFO, commented, "Gross and operating margins were 9.7% and 4.9%, respectively, for the fiscal first quarter, consistent with our expectations when we set guidance for the quarter. Our estimated tax rate for fiscal 2011 is currently 3%. This is lower than the 5% tax rate used when we established our guidance for this quarter due to the estimated mix of regional earnings for the fiscal year. Consequently, diluted EPS for the quarter was $0.01 higher than we would have anticipated. Fiscal first quarter cash cycle days including customer deposits were 78 days, up eight days from the fiscal fourth quarter cash cycle days."
- Revenue: $540 to $570 million
- Diluted EPS: $0.53 to $0.58, excluding any restructuring charges and including approximately $0.08 per share of stock-based compensation expense
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV