Horizon Bancorp Announces Record Earnings For 2010
(NASDAQ:HBNC) – Horizon Bancorp today announced its unaudited financial results for the three and twelve month periods ended December 31, 2010.
- Horizon’s 2010 results represent the Company’s eleventh consecutive year of record earnings.
- Horizon’s net income for the twelve months ended December 31, 2010, was $10.5 million or $2.71 diluted earnings per share compared to $9.1 million or $2.37 diluted earnings per share for the prior year.
- Horizon’s fourth quarter 2010 net income was $2.9 million or $.75 diluted earnings per share, a 37.7% increase from the same period in 2009.
- The net interest margin increased to 4.01% for the three months ending December 31, 2010, primarily as a result of the decrease in the rate paid on interest bearing liabilities during the quarter.
- Horizon’s residential mortgage loan activity provided $2.0 million of income from the gain on sale of mortgage loans during the fourth quarter.
- Total loans decreased during the fourth quarter as the balance of mortgage warehouse loans decreased $70.1 million from September 30, 2010 as a result of rising long term mortgage interest rates.
- The ratio of allowance for loan losses to total loans increased to 2.11% from 1.85% at September 30, 2010 as Horizon’s loan and lease loss reserve increased for probable incurred losses inherent in the portfolio. In addition total loans decreased.
- Horizon’s net loans charged off increased during the fourth quarter to $1.6 million compared to $1.2 million during the third quarter of 2010.
- Horizon’s balance of Other Real Estate Owned (“OREO”) and repossessed assets decreased approximately $1.5 million, to $2.7 million, during the fourth quarter as properties were sold.
- Horizon’s non-performing loans decreased by approximately $252,000 from September 30, 2010 to December 31, 2010 and 30 to 89 days delinquent loans decreased $3.2 million during the same period.
- Horizon’s 30 to 89 day loan delinquencies were 0.66% and 0.93% of total loans at December 31, 2010 and September 30, 2010, respectively.
- Horizon’s non-performing loans to total loans ratio as of December 31, 2010 was 2.38%, which compares favorably to National and State of Indiana peer averages 1 as of September 30, 2010 of 4.91% and 2.73%, the most recent data available.
- On November 10, 2010, the Company completed the redemption process to reduce the US Treasury’s preferred stock investment by $6.25 million, which represents a 25% reduction.
- Horizon’s capital ratios continue to be above the regulatory standards for well-capitalized banks.
Craig M. Dwight, Chief Executive Officer of Horizon Bancorp stated, “We are proud of Horizon’s 2010 performance and our eleventh consecutive year of record earnings. We believe Horizon’s continued success reflects our business expansion strategy and focus on a balanced mix of revenue streams that are in counter-cyclical businesses. While we anticipate some slowing of the mortgage lending business, which has been very strong during the past several years, we have strong and proven commercial lending teams in place to generate opportunities in line with the general economic improvement occurring.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV