The Borders Story: The Final Chapter?
But after just one year on the job Marshall resigned, igniting a shakeup in the executive ranks. He was replaced on an interim basis by Michael Edwards, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. At the same time Borders also appointed a new chief financial officer and executive vice president of merchandising and marketing.
Amid the corporate chaos, Borders managed to repay its $42.5 million loan from Pershing Square Capital and announce a new $700 million revolving credit facility and $90 million term loan.
Then financier Bennett LeBow stepped in, investing $25 million into the company and purchasing a 15.5% stake, to become Borders' largest shareholder. And just months later, LeBow took over the CEO post while Edwards was named head of Borders Inc., the company's core book business.
In August 2010 CFO Mark Bierley resigned, and was replaced on an interim basis by Glen Tomaszewski. In October, former Las Vegas sands executive, Scott Henry, stepped in to fill the role.
Chapter 8: The Final Chapter?
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jeanine Poggi. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jpoggi. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV