Saul Centers, Inc. Announces Tax Treatment Of 2010 Dividends
BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Saul Centers, Inc. (NYSE: BFS), an equity real estate investment trust (REIT), announced today the income tax treatment for its 2010 dividends. The Company declared and paid four quarterly dividends totaling $1.44 per share of Common Stock during 2010. For tax purposes, 70.0% of the dividends ( $1.008 per common share) are characterized as ordinary income and 30.0% of the dividends ( $0.432 per common share) are characterized as return of capital. The Company declared and paid four dividends totaling $2.00 per depositary share on its Series A 8% Preferred Stock during 2010. The Company also declared and paid four dividends totaling $2.25 per depositary share on its Series B 9% Preferred Stock during 2010. For tax purposes, 100.0% of all the Preferred Stock dividends are characterized as ordinary income. The information will be reported to shareholders on Form 1099-DIV.
Saul Centers is a self-managed, self-administered equity real estate investment trust headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. Saul Centers currently operates and manages a real estate portfolio of 54 community and neighborhood shopping centers and mixed-use properties totaling approximately 8.9 million square feet of leasable area. Over 83% of the Company's cash flow is generated from properties in the metropolitan Washington, DC/ Baltimore area.
More information about Saul Centers, Inc. is available on the Company's website at www.SaulCenters.com.
SOURCE Saul Centers, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV