IndexIQ Sees Significant Asset Growth In 2010, Launches Four First-of-Their-Kind Country Small Cap ETFs, And Expands Distribution Broadly Across Wirehouse, RIA, Independent & Regional Broker-Dealer Platforms
IndexIQ, a leading developer of index-based, liquid alternative investments, today announced that it reached a number of significant milestones during 2010 and early 2011, including:
- Exceeding $500 million in assets under management across its family of Exchange-Traded-Funds (ETFs), open-end mutual fund and separate accounts.
- Growing assets in its family of ETFs and its mutual fund by more than 300%.
- Continuing to expand its distribution channels by adding several new platforms during the year, including major wirehouses and other firms, such as TD Ameritrade, LPL Financial, Envestnet, Commonwealth Financial, Cambridge Investment Research, Capital Guardian, Marshall & Ilsley Trust Company, MG Trust Company, Mid Atlantic Capital Corporation, MSCS Financial Services, Vanguard, Reliance Trust Company, and Sunguard.
- Introducing four new single-country small-capitalization ETFs, to complement its existing suite of Liquid Alternative ETFs. As with other IndexIQ products, these small-cap ETFs were the first of their kind to be launched into the market. They include IQ Canada Small Cap ETF (CNDA), IQ Australia Small Cap ETF (KROO), IQ South Korea Small Cap ETF (SKOR), and IQ Taiwan Small Cap ETF (TWON), all traded on NYSE Arca.
- The continued performance of its family of liquid alternative ETFs, mutual fund and benchmark indexes consistent with their investment objectives and design during another year of volatile market conditions.
- For the second straight year, the firm’s Hedge Fund Replication ETFs, QAI and MCRO, distributed no capital gains, a significant difference in tax treatment as compared with hedge funds and alternative investment mutual funds. Additionally, IndexIQ ETFs do not issue K-1s. 1
- Partnered with Rocaton Investment Advisors, LLC, a leading investment consultant to institutional investors, to collaborate on the introduction of cutting-edge institutional quality investment solutions for the broad investment marketplace.
“This was an important year for IndexIQ, as we work to become the global leader in liquid alternative investments,” said Adam Patti, chief executive officer at IndexIQ. “We have exceeded our key operational milestones, which helped spark IndexIQ’s status as one of the fastest growing ETF issuers in the country, while adding a number of significant new distribution channels that will further accelerate the firm’s growth rate. IndexIQ’s ETFs and mutual fund, all of which were launched as the first of their kind, continued to perform as designed during another period of volatile and uncertain market conditions.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV