Bring Your Own Device, Voice Virtualization Key Trends For The Future
OTTAWA, Jan. 19, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the future mobile phones will dominate, with businesses moving to a 'bring your own device' strategy and voice virtualization will take on more importance in business' networks according to survey results (1) taken by Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL). These results further align with the company's Mitel Freedom architecture that was announced late last year.
Highlights of the survey include:
- 53 percent of respondents felt that, in the future, mobile phones will become the dominant communication device in the workplace. These same responders also stated that their organizations will move to a 'bring your own device' strategy in the future.
- 90 percent of respondents said that virtualization will take on greater importance in their network in 2011 with 34 percent of these saying that voice virtualization will take on the greatest level of importance. Cloud virtualization and desktop virtualization followed in priority at 31 and 25 percent respectively.
- 74 percent of respondents believed they could achieve a stronger ROI using a best-of-breed network approach versus a single vendor.
"These survey results demonstrate that the Mitel Freedom architecture is in direct correlation with addressing the communications needs of customers," said Stephen Beamish, vice-president of marketing and business development for Mitel. "With Mitel Freedom, organizations have the flexibility to break free from the 'walled garden' vendor model and design a communications network based on best-in-class technologies. It also allows organizations to deliver a tailored, in-office experience to all employees, extending UC features to any device, enabling the 'bring your own device' approach which we believe will become more prevalent in the future."Frost & Sullivan's recently released survey (2) on mobility usage supports the Mitel survey findings. It showed that 49 percent of respondents identify mobile phones as primary endpoints used for business communications. "Organizations are driving the use of mobile unified communications applications to help reduce cost, enhance mobile worker productivity, enable work/life balance, provide better customer service, reduce travel, and increase collaboration across distributed teams," said Elka Popova, North American program director, unified communications & collaboration, Frost & Sullivan. "Survey participants indicated that in 2011 they intend to increase their spending across a broad set of communications and collaboration technologies, including mobile devices and applications. Mitel's Freedom architecture provides flexible, easy-to-manage solutions to address the trend toward increased mobile integration."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV