Bring Your Own Device, Voice Virtualization Key Trends For The Future
OTTAWA, Jan. 19, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the future mobile phones will dominate, with businesses moving to a 'bring your own device' strategy and voice virtualization will take on more importance in business' networks according to survey results (1) taken by Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL). These results further align with the company's Mitel Freedom architecture that was announced late last year.
Highlights of the survey include:
- 53 percent of respondents felt that, in the future, mobile phones will become the dominant communication device in the workplace. These same responders also stated that their organizations will move to a 'bring your own device' strategy in the future.
- 90 percent of respondents said that virtualization will take on greater importance in their network in 2011 with 34 percent of these saying that voice virtualization will take on the greatest level of importance. Cloud virtualization and desktop virtualization followed in priority at 31 and 25 percent respectively.
- 74 percent of respondents believed they could achieve a stronger ROI using a best-of-breed network approach versus a single vendor.
"These survey results demonstrate that the Mitel Freedom architecture is in direct correlation with addressing the communications needs of customers," said Stephen Beamish, vice-president of marketing and business development for Mitel. "With Mitel Freedom, organizations have the flexibility to break free from the 'walled garden' vendor model and design a communications network based on best-in-class technologies. It also allows organizations to deliver a tailored, in-office experience to all employees, extending UC features to any device, enabling the 'bring your own device' approach which we believe will become more prevalent in the future."Frost & Sullivan's recently released survey (2) on mobility usage supports the Mitel survey findings. It showed that 49 percent of respondents identify mobile phones as primary endpoints used for business communications. "Organizations are driving the use of mobile unified communications applications to help reduce cost, enhance mobile worker productivity, enable work/life balance, provide better customer service, reduce travel, and increase collaboration across distributed teams," said Elka Popova, North American program director, unified communications & collaboration, Frost & Sullivan. "Survey participants indicated that in 2011 they intend to increase their spending across a broad set of communications and collaboration technologies, including mobile devices and applications. Mitel's Freedom architecture provides flexible, easy-to-manage solutions to address the trend toward increased mobile integration."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV