Want to know why your gym will be packed Monday, Feb. 7? Because Americans have no qualms about taking in 166 million pounds of snack foods including potato chips, tortilla chips, corn chips, pretzels, popcorn and nuts, according to Nielsen. That adds up to $644.7 million in snacks alone, translating to a 7%, $530 million first-quarter revenue spike for NFL snack sponsor Frito-Lay's parent company, PepsiCo (PEP).
Lest shopping-savvy snackers think Doritos, Fritos, Tostitos and other PepsiCo products are the only ones pigging out on at the snack bowl, Nielsen found that more than 12% of all snacks sold come in the generic trappings of Kroger, Safeway, Supervalu and other store-brand bags.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV