LOUISVILLE, Ky. ( TheStreet) -- Yum! Brands (YUM) said Tuesday it put restaurant chains Long John Silver's and A&W All-American Restaurants up for sale as it pushes to expand in international markets.
Yum! said the divestments come as it narrows its focus for long-term growth plans toward greater expansion in China and other international markets while concurrently growing sales at
Pizza Hut and
KFC in the U.S.
Investors were pleased with the idea of a slimmer, more focused Yum!, bidding the restaurant operator's shares 2.6% higher to $49.10 in early-afternoon trading. More than 3.2 million shares were in play with just under three hours left in the session, compared with their average daily trading volume of 2.8 million.Yum! said it was looking for a buyer for LJS and A&W but has yet to find one. CEO David C. Novak commented that Yum! grew earnings-per-share by 13% over the past ten years, crediting the growth to aggressive expansion in China and other
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV